You should replace this page with your own web pages as soon as possible.
Unless you changed its configuration, your new server is configured as follows:
- Configuration files can be found in /etc/lighttpd. Please read /etc/lighttpd/conf-available/README file.
- The DocumentRoot, which is the directory under which all your HTML files should exist, is set to /var/www.
- CGI scripts are looked for in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, which is where Debian packages will place their scripts. You can enable cgi module by using command "lighty-enable-mod cgi".
- Log files are placed in /var/log/lighttpd, and will be rotated weekly. The frequency of rotation can be easily changed by editing /etc/logrotate.d/lighttpd.
- The default directory index is index.html, meaning that requests for a directory /foo/bar/ will give the contents of the file /var/www/foo/bar/index.html if it exists (assuming that /var/www is your DocumentRoot).
- You can enable user directories by using command "lighty-enable-mod userdir"
About this page
This is a placeholder page installed by the Debian release of the Lighttpd server package.
This computer has installed the Debian GNU/Linux operating system, but it has nothing to do with the Debian Project. Please do not contact the Debian Project about it.
If you find a bug in this Lighttpd package, or in Lighttpd itself, please file a bug report on it. Instructions on doing this, and the list of known bugs of this package, can be found in the
Debian Bug Tracking System.